Shrimp - Mushroom Risotto
Just do it, making
2¼ hours | 1 hour prep
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces porcini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded (good quality)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of, grated
- Toss shrimp with 1/2 tsp marjoram, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp of pepper.
- Heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp, cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to pan and cook 4-5 minutes until browned.
- Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
- Add butter, onion, garlic, remaining marjoram, salt and pepper to pan and cook till tender 3-4 minutes.
- Add rice, and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- In a small pot bring broth and turmeric to boil, remove from heat and cover with lid to keep hot.
- Add wine to rice mixture, stirring constantly until wine is absorbed 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of hot broth at a time, until almost all liquid is absorbed.
- Rice should be tender, 25-30 minutes.
- Add shrimp and mushrooms to last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from heat and sir in cheese, sprinkle with parsley and lemon zest-- Serve immediately.